SC - A newcomer to the list

The Cheshire Cat cheshire at southcom.com.au
Tue Mar 14 13:26:35 PST 2000

Gwynydd wrote:

>Unto the gathered SCA cooks does Gwynydd of Culloden send greetings.
>
>Well, this is my first foray into the world of subscribing to a list!
>However, I read in the message acknowledging my subscription that a brief
>introduction from myself was in order.  Should I have got this muddled,
>then I apologise for filling up all your inboxes!
>
>Gwynydd of Culloden is a confectionary maker who is (very loosely!) a mid
>to late 14th century woman (depending on her garb and the recipe she has
>chosen to cook!).  She has been married twice (the first time to a drunken
>knight who forgot that armour doesn't float when he did battle with a
>river).  Her second husband is a spice trader whom she  met in her little
>confectionary stall in Bristol.  Originally she is from Provence and holds
>a little land there - left to her by her mother of sainted memory.  It was
>the revenues from this land which helped set her up in the only honourable
>career she could see for herself on the death of her first husband.
>
>As well as being an avid (and moderately successful) cook, she is addicted
>to Tablero (frequently losing all her jewels in a night!), a player of
>many other board games, and a story teller (her trader husband is useful
>here!).
>
>Her alter-ego, Lee-Gwen, is a gay woman who lives quietly in the suburbs
>with her Lady and their 11 year old daughter (not to mention 2 cats and 2
>ducks!).  She also likes to cook and does research into period games - for
>which her talented Lady paints her beautiful boards.  As well, she is
>responsible for the upkeep of the Ynys Fawr web site (if you are
>interested it can be found at www.sca.org.au/ynys_fawr/index.html) and is
>always on the look out for things to publish there!!!
>
>Well, I thank you all for your indulgence and hope that I have not already
>strained it to its limits

Welcome to the list.  Glad to see there are now three Ynys Fawrians here.
We are generally a friendly bunch who jump up and down lots over some of
the strangest things, but friendly all the same.  Feel free to jump along
with us.  (waving arms about is optional of course).
- -Katerine (you'd probably recognise me better as Min though.)