SC - It's not just for breakfast......

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 14 20:58:23 PST 2000

> > Mustard eggs are a GREAT breakfast!)
>
> Recipe, please?

Sodde Eggs:  Seethe your Egges almost harde, then peele them and cut them in
quarters, then take a little Butter in a frying panne and melt it a little
browne, then put to it in to the panne, a little Vinegar, Mustarde, Pepper
and Salte, and then put it into a platter upon your Egges.
    [J. Partridge, "The Widowes treasure," London 1585 - Leeds University,
Preston collection P/K1 1585.]

I also found a recipe for cheese soup (Pleyn Delit) that is made with
hard-boiled eggs that you separate and use the yolks and whites separately;
since the whites only add texture, you might try it without.  And a cheese
tarte made with yolks only.  As I suggested privately, sub 2 yolks for one
egg in the existing recipes for tartes or similar dishes.

BTW, Duke Edmund used to make great omelets when he crashed places, maybe
you can whisper him into something.......

                               ---= Morgan (glad that failed hamentashen
goes so well with ice-cream)