SC - idea request

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Wed Mar 15 05:59:48 PST 2000

    I dunno, I can usually find whole briskets on sale at Sam's for $0.88 a
pound, and even with 15% shrinkage from trimming, that's still a really good
deal. You want to trim all the excess fat off before cooking, or you get
more grease than from a goose. I find that the secret to cooking brisket is
fairly low, wet heat for a very long time. It also acts as a flavor sponge,
and is excellent when cooked with strong sauces/spices. Makes an awesome pot
roast!

    Sieggy