SC - Art Can Be Service

RichSCA at aol.com RichSCA at aol.com
Wed Mar 15 18:54:58 PST 2000

A response to my chastening by my Peer.  *

    Now, Rayne, don't make me come to Texas. :/  SERVICE is not the be-all
 and end-all of our existence here.

*  It's not???  Now you tell me...  :-)  I'm smiling, see  :-)

We are also here to create beauty around us, and to HAVE FUN!  By doing
artistic things, we ARE serving the Society, and we are having fun - I know,
I've seen you have it.  And, as you well know, you _are_ very talented and
artistic.

* From Caedmon (who has snatched the keyboard away) - "Thank you, Christianna
- - she never listens to me."

(She has this problem of self-worth folks, it's something we try to work on.
Her
 former protege sister had it bad, too, but we got her over it, didn't we,
 Rayne?)

* From Rayne - who can snatch things back - "Hey, this RV is only so big!"
"Oh, now compare me to my older protege sister... you always liked her
better."  (shades of the Smother's Brothers)  :-) - I'm still smiling and
hoping you are.

Unfortunately, you have also run into some incredible putzes, and it can
certainly leave a bad taste in your mouth.  I don't blame you  for not
entering A&S competitions, but you may not run down the quality of your own
artistic abilities.

Now, go out and make a new beautifully constructed and documented middle
eastern outfit for one of your dancing dolls, and then try one of my
hamburger recipes, paint one new scroll, and keep saying "I am creating
beauty and having fun, because it makes me happy to do so" 100 times.  I will
wait.
    The Head Mermayde,      Christianna >>

* WOW!!  With that penitence I might have to unsubscribe to the Cooks List -
I'll have no time for such frivolities.  (Unto the List - I'm smiling - this
list is REALLY a wonderful learning experience - Now if I will just learn
that my Peer is on it also.

Rayne