Daylilies (Was SC - Birthdays and Daffy Dills)

MPengwyn at aol.com MPengwyn at aol.com
Sat Mar 18 01:58:43 PST 2000

> Marian Rosenberg asks:
>   I'm thinking of the orange/yellow flower with the streaks of color down
the center
> of the petal, saffron colored pollen.  Tastes like fresh lettuce.  Anyone
have any
> clue what I'm talking about?<<

Sounds a bit like Nasturtiums, one of the more popular edible flowers, but I
am given to understand they taste peppery. You may wish to check out the
edible flowers listing at Herb Thyme Farms. URL:
http://www.herbthyme.com/flowers.htm
It gives common name, scientific name, color range and taste.

In Service

Meghan