SC - Competition entry

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Sat Mar 18 08:54:45 PST 2000

Check out several of the late period cookery books.  There is a Pork Brawn that
is pickled and served cold with a vinegar-mustard sauce.  I served it a couple
of years ago at an Elizabethan feast, and it was very well received!  There is a
redaction, if you're interested, in Dining with William Shakespeare, but you can
find originals in Digby, May and others.

Kiri