SC - Lady Seaton's Project

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Sat Mar 18 13:13:22 PST 2000

>>> And the point I was making was that, in producing a cookbook for
> those with food allegies, it would make more sense to find period
> recipes consistent with those allergies than to work out recipies
> modified from period recipies in order to be consistent with those
> allergies. It would make more sense because it would be more fun, it
> probably wouldn't be any more work, and you would end up with period
> recipes rather than period like recipes. There might be exceptions in
> the case of people with very odd and/or multiple allergies who
> already knew what substitutes worked well-<<

That's a good idea.  If everyone coming to the cook's dinner at Pennsic
will bring period recipes they find for their own allergies, or ones that
they've cooked for, I'll try to put together an Allergist's Cookbook.
I'll also include a Peri-oide section, so bring those, too.  Stefan or
Cariadoc or Huen or Sincefu  will web it for us, then Kitchen Stewards
can go right to it for their planning.
Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com