THAT IS ENOUGH!!!! was Re: privte: Re: SC - Lady Seaton'sProjectofo

David & Sue Carter drcarter at bigpond.com
Mon Mar 20 01:03:29 PST 2000

> >Cousin Phillipa asked:
> >>Good Cousin,
> >>Did this have to be posted publicly?
> >Yes, good Cousin, I felt so.

Katerine wrote

> Sorry, I *HATE* this thread, but I feel that THIS needs some words.  No it
> did NOT need to be aired publicly.  I do not feel that you needed to cause
> people to lose face.  To do so is a serious lack of chivalry in itself.
> Both of you should be ashamed of such attitudes.  They are not fitting for
> two respected gentles of this list.  Whatever who did what to whom in the
> past does not need to be shared here.
> I feel deeply disturbed that anyone on this list would stoop to this
level.
> Yet another indication that this thread needs to end here, before people
> start thinking that there is no chivalry here.
> Keep things like this in private in future.  No need to cause people to
> lose face, no excuse for it either.

> -Katerine (who fully expects to be flamed for this, but feels deeply about
> deplorable acts)

No flame here, my Lady, only exasperated agreement, and the risk of being
torched as well.

I believe the fact that people from across the whole Knowne Worlde are on
this list is sometimes overlooked in the heat of exchanges between those who
know each other by sight as well as word.

Having spent the last hour ploughing through all this, my first thought is
for the new people who have joined this list during this outbreak of
discourtesy.

They were probably expecting, as I was when I joined, an educational
environment where like minded people could discuss cooking, and what is
there currently? High traffic, with lots of off topic, and worst of all a
bitter personal diatribe between those gentles who are usually the lists'
stalwarts.

I'm wondering what I'm signed up for, so I don't know what a new person
who's not seen any of the good stuff yet would be thinking.

Yours, in service,

Mistress Esla of Ifeld,
OL, OP etc, Baroness of Innilgard,
Lochac, West Kingdom