THAT IS ENOUGH!!!! was Re: privte: Re: SC - Lady Seaton'sProjectofo

Bruce Staples bruce.staples at ns.sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 20 18:33:06 PST 2000

David & Sue Carter wrote:

> I believe the fact that people from across the whole Knowne Worlde are on
> this list is sometimes overlooked in the heat of exchanges between those who
> know each other by sight as well as word.
>
> Having spent the last hour ploughing through all this, my first thought is
> for the new people who have joined this list during this outbreak of
> discourtesy.
>
> They were probably expecting, as I was when I joined, an educational
> environment where like minded people could discuss cooking, and what is
> there currently? High traffic, with lots of off topic, and worst of all a
> bitter personal diatribe between those gentles who are usually the lists'
> stalwarts.
>
> I'm wondering what I'm signed up for, so I don't know what a new person
> who's not seen any of the good stuff yet would be thinking.

Greetings:

    I am indeed a newcomer to the list and what I expected is exactly what the
good Lady
explained  above, a place where I could share my fondness for period cookery
with like minded gentles. Instead I found a personal forum which a select group
of people are using as basically a chat line for their own use. Like her I am
wondering what I signed up for...this list is doing little more than cluttering
up my mailbox. As a SCAdian maybe I expected too much in terms of the behaviour
of people on this list.

    Bruce the Unwary MKA Bruce Staples
    Seashire
    Barony of Ruantallan