SC - Home Remedies for Teen Angst

Gwynydd of Culloden Gwynydd_of_Culloden at freemail.com.au
Mon Mar 20 11:46:18 PST 2000

- ------------APFM24644020

For us, the cure to all problems (particularly of the physical kind) was "amputation at the neck" - sure puts a splinter into perspective!  My Grandma also had a "tear cup" which lurked in the back of a cupboard and whenever I was indulging in "crocodile tears" out it would come and I would be asked to cry into it because tears were good for nanna's complexion!

Gwynydd - who has never found that the latter rememdy worked on her own daughter (perhaps you need to be a Grandma!)

At 2000-03-21 01:34:23.484001,
RichSCA at aol.com wrote:
> Sounds like your Grandfather was related to my Dad.  Who said to
> me after I
> had taken a pain reliever and was still being "so pitiful":  "I
> can help you
> forget your headache... get me my hammer and I'll bang it on your
> toes."  :-)
>
> Rayne
> (who still worships her Father)
>
> In a message dated 3/20/00 8:56:05 AM Central Standard Time,
> JGedney at dictaphone.com writes:
>
> <<  Does anyone have a recipe for Valium....period, of course
> ::wink::   Send
> it
>  > to Adamantius...it sounds like he could use it.
>  >
>  Sure.
>  this is the same one My Grandfather gave me when I was in my
> "Teen Angst"
>  years, and my every problem was positively earth shattering
>
>  Ingredients:
>  1 hammer
>  1 2x4, at least 4 inches in length.
>
>  method
>  remove shoes
>  place 2x4 on left foot to cover the toes
>  repeatedly whack 2x4 with hammer until perspective is restored.
>

>  ;-)
>
>  brandu
>  (loved my granddad!!) >>
> SCA-Cooks".

> =========

 Send Amazing Cards FREE by e-mail with
 FREE e-Gift and FREE decoration:
 www.mini-card.com/index.asp?referer=fm1
 Get your own free email account at
 http://www.freemail.com.au/ now part of the
 Webuser.com.au independent portal. Visit at…
 http://www.webuser.com.au
- ------------APFM24644020--