SC - Catalan/Libre de Sent Sovi

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Tue Mar 21 20:06:51 PST 2000

I got a copy of the _Libre de Sent Sovi_, which is a 14th century
Catalan cookbook.  No, I'm not crazy enough to try translating it, but I
would like to be able to read the recipes and use it as a resource to
help me with the later Spanish works.  I can make out a fair number of
words -- knowing both French and Spanish helps a lot.  Can anyone tell
me if a *modern* Catalan dictionary would be useful enough to be worth
buying?  Unfortunately, there is no Catalan-English dictionary on the
Web.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann