SC - Sabina Welser -- online and available in print

Wed Mar 22 08:37:54 PST 2000

Valoise Armstrong's English translation is webbed at:

http://www.best.com/~ddfr/Medieval/Cookbooks/Sabrina_Welserin.html

The Giessman translation provides the original text and a comparison text in
modern German which are not part of Valoise's translation and are very
useful when discussing precise meanings of the original text.

I've wanted a copy of this book since I got Valoise's translation, but I
thought it was out of print.  Unfortunately, Carl Winter Verlag does not
appear to have a North American distributor and their web-page is still
under construction.  I'll be emailing info at winter-verlag-hd.de later this
week to see if they have an NA distributor, if they can handle a credit card
purchase (usually the best exchange rate) or whether I need to go play with
my bank.

That Carl Winter Verlag gave permission to web the original text of Sabina
Welserin is an unexpected bonus, allowing me to work with the text online
without scanning it in.

Bear