SC - Recepies wanted

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Mar 22 22:39:59 PST 2000

Lord Hans Faust asked:
>  I was doing a feast and was looking for some recipes.  I have the recipes for
> the main part of the feast but I haven't found any period recipes for the
> deserts I want to serve.  The deserts I am interested in are Frangipani,
> Macaroons, Milan Cakes or Flavored Ice.  If anyone has any suggestions where
> I could find them please let me know.  Thank you for your time.

I'm not sure what the first item is but you might want to check these
files in the FOOD-SWEET-DECORATED section of my files for the others
and maybe some other dessert items of your liking:
cookies-msg       (57K)  1/12/00    Period cookies. Recipes.
desserts-msg      (78K)  1/11/00    Medieval and SCA dessert recipes. Sweets.
gingerbread-msg   (39K)  1/31/00    Medieval gingerbread. Recipes.
marmalades-msg    (53K) 12/20/99    Period marmalades and fruit jellies
and jams

For the flavored ice, I seem to remember that there was very little done
within the SCA time period. However, for more details get a hold of
this book:
"Harvest of the Cold Months, the Social History of Ice and Ices" by
Elizabeth David. Penguin Books, 1995. ISBN 0-670-89575-4
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net