SC - Recepies wanted

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Fri Mar 24 00:42:22 PST 2000

Stefan wrote:

>The wedding feast that Hans mentioned is also covered in this book.
>I can't remember what the other food items were that were mentioned
>to check if there is evidence in this book or not. As they weren't
>frozen delicacies though they probably aren't covered in this book
>anyway.

In the Oxford Companion to Food, Alan Davidson cites Claudine
Brécourt-Villars, who says frangipane originally meant a cream, flavoured
with almonds and used in the construction of certain cakes. The term
(franchipane) first appears in a French cookery book of 1674 but the name is
said to come from Italian aristocrat Don Cesare Frangipani, who invented an
almond-scented perfume used to scent the gloves of king Louis XIII:

Macaroon recipes have appeared in cookbooks since at least the late 17th
century but they are thought to have originated in Venice in the 14th or
15th centuries.

Nanna