SC - table eating utensils

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Fri Mar 24 00:41:44 PST 2000

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> > Actually, they did eat without utensils other than a knife until relatively
> > late in period. This is the reason why you only use your right hand to serve
> > yourself food with (your left being used for personal cleansing).

> Hmm. Yes, I believe this left-handed thing was a tradition in the Middle East.
> Do you have any evidence that this was ever done with any consistancy in
> the non-Moslem parts of Europe?

Ras is just being a cultural chauvinist, AFAICT.

Bunches of them found in viking age contexts, of nothing else.

/UlfR
 thinking about some Jellinge style carvings on the rock...

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
This morning, the clock I was given as part of heading the Y2K
remediation at work, the very one with the day-glo yellow Y2K ready
sticker on the back, rolled over from 01-01-2000, 1:00am to
01-01-1990, 12:00am.