SC - Macrows vs the computer

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Mar 25 00:05:20 PST 2000

Adamantius said:
> I've found lovely eggless noodles, both dry and fresh ones, in some of
> the Asian markets in my area, that are a nice substitute for making your
> own, both because they are eggless, and they tend to be made from a
> relatively soft wheat. I don't think these are supposed to end up al dente.

Thank you for these directions. There are several mentions of macrows in
the pasta-msg file in the Florilegium, but no recipe.

Newbie Cook question: I've seen this term before, "al dente" and it
is probably in some of my modern cookbooks, but what does it mean?

Was this the way pasta was cooked in period?
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net