SC - lavender

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Mon Mar 27 19:33:51 PST 2000

>Lavender: Does anyone know when the first documented use of lavendar as an
ingredient occurred, and as a side note, does anyone know of an affordable
source for it? <

        Dearest Guenevere

    According to my class handout copied from  >Medieval Gardens <  J H
Harvey  Timber press  1981,  it sattes that Lavender (lavandula spica) was
noted in 1150 by Hildegard,  in 1265  by Harleain 978, and others from those
dates.   wish I could tell you more, but I was so sick that day and left
class to be miserable.

and check Stefan's Florigium  there is probably all your answers there!

Do you want to lavender for consumption?  try your nearest herbal store.
Health food,  bath & body (if for fragrance/external use)   Or grow your
own.  it's pretty hardy   -- gosh, my little patch is going on it's 3rd
yeear and doing well  considering I'm in the far north of Montana!