SC - Bagna Calda.

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Mar 29 06:37:45 PST 2000

Elaine Koogler wrote:

> The recipe is from a restaurant in San Francisco (branch in LA) called The
> Stinking Rose...if you're ever in that area and like/love garlic, don't miss this
> one!!!
>
> 1 1/2 cups peeled garlic cloves
> 1 1/2 cups extra virgin oliveoil
> 2 oz. butter
> 1 can (2 oz) anchovies
>
> 1.  Place all ingredients inoven caserole, cover and place in 275 degree oven for
> 1 1/2 hours.
> 2.  Serve with bread and cut up veggies.
>
> The only down side to this is that if you pig out, as I usually do, then you
> smell of garlic for several days...but then who cares?  It's well worth the
> sacrifice.

Just invite everyone you know or are likely to spend any time with, and
then you'll all be in the same boat and won't complain.

BTW, other versions I've seen call for cooking this on top of the stove,
and specify all oil and no butter, so at least cholesterol is not an
issue. Fat, on the other hand, even if mono-unsaturated... ;  )

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com