SC - don't cringe too bad....

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Wed Mar 29 07:50:38 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/25/00 11:44:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mermayde at juno.com writes:

<<
    I'm telling you, every 'Southern' cooking restaurant I've ever been
 forced to eat in had the very kind of cornbread you're describing.  The
 only white cornbread I've seen down here is some I made myself.
    Christianna
    Well, I'm running behind on mail, so I *was* going to stay out of this,
but........ ;-) Christy, you need to come up here and check out Chattanooga!
I do occasionally get sweetened cornbread here, but even it is almost always
made with *white* cornmeal. I *have*, after fifteen years, gotten used to my
mother-in-law's sweetened corn muffins, but even she makes pans of cornbread
that are unsweetened. And definitely from white cornmeal..............

    Ldy Diana, who considers yellow cornmeal good only for