SC - White or yellow cornmeal?

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Thu Mar 30 00:29:42 PST 2000

As long as we're still talking about white or yellow cornmeal, I suppose I
should unlurk briefly and share my one and only story:

W-a-y back in my college days, I went to a friend's house for Thanksgiving.
It seemed yellow cornbread was a tradition, and much to my friend's dismay,
there was only white cornmeal in the house when she went to prepare it. Her
father had made it very plain in the past (and just the night before) that
white simply would not do. And being as it was a small hamlet and nothing
was open, my friend was a touch frantic. But she rose to the occasion: she
made it with the white cornmeal, and used a bit of yellow food coloring.
Her father couldn't tell the difference and had to be told at the end of
the meal, but took the teasing quite well.

Myself -- makes no difference. I'm eclectic. Can't really tell the
difference between the two and am more interested in what different things
people add to the basic recipe.

Morgana

Morgana yr Oerfa, Baroness      *     Sharron Albert
Winter's Gate/Oertha/West       *     morgana at gci.net
Per saltire gules and sable,    *     Babylon 5/science fiction
in pale two mullets and         *     (astrology/tarot)
in fess an increscent           *     I saw nothing unusual in the teacher's
and a decrescent argent.        *          lounge. --Bart Simpson