SC - Feasts in Trimaris

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Wed Mar 1 09:19:02 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/1/2000 12:44:24 AM Mountain Standard Time,
jehanne at netzero.net writes:

<< I can't say that her Highness's post was well-phrased. And I know when I
 read it, I am reading into it what I know personally about a woman who has
 been kind to me and likes good cooking. I am hoping that we might be able
 to get some sort of explaination, elaboration, or apology as she feels
 appropriate from her. No, I'm not going to tell her what to say or how to
 say it, though I will discuss this issue in depth with her if she asks.>>

The problem is that the rest of the world does not have the luxury that you
do in interpreting Her Highnesses words.  We have only those words in the
letter to go off of and to many of the members of this list, who are trying
to dispel the myth that period food is bad, destroys much of the work they
have been doing.  If she really did mean somthing different than what she
said in the letter, then that is what she should have said in the first
place.  That alone would have avoided what has been happening here.

You may not feel it is your place to tell her what to say or how to say it,
but it is your place as a retainer to make her look the best.  To avoid this
problem in the future maybe you can suggest writing the latter in advance,
let someone else read it who can be objective and make sure it says what Her
Highness wants it to say.   Whether she wants it or not her words will
reflect on Trimaris until they step down and it is very important that those
words are well chosen.

Noemi
Outlands