To assure you get this personally (Was: SC - the gauntlet thrown)

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Wed Mar 1 09:51:30 PST 2000

> A discussion where I am misquoted as a reply to a challenge, how period
> is that???  I offered you challenge, or by your own statement I accepted
> yours.  Name your champion.  You who say you are so offended by a
> request for non period things, name your champion.  You who continue to
> talk nonesense from behind a keyboard when challenge is offered, name
> your champion.  You who dare insult the sovereign Crown Princess of
> Trimaris, NAME YOUR CHAMPION!!!

Hey man, Get a grip!
You sully the SCA and your Princess by acting like a thug in her name.

The Soveriegn Crown Pincess of Trimaris
a) is a human, and not a religion, so does not need a zealot.
b) is a human and able to be wrong
c) does not need to thump people who don't agree with her
d) doesn't need you to do it
e) can speak for herself, and should.

dude,
The SCA is not real life, it is only a part of it.
Taking "Defending the Honor of the Throne" too far is just a extreme as
being in the SCA only to "legally hit people with sticks".

All insults are only words, after all.
You can choose to ignore them and they it is as though they have
never been spoken.
That is perhaps the most noble way to deal with petty people.

And it works.

brandu