SC - Bean paste

margali margali at 99main.com
Fri Mar 3 17:50:39 PST 2000

period for japanese - red bean paste in making mochi or sweet rice cakes
with red bean paste is a tradition going back to the portugese
infiltrat...trading expeditions in the late 15s, so since it was an
established tradition then it was at least another 50 years old...
Unfortunately I dont have access to the book on the jesuits report to
the vatican from their first mission any more, but I will try to
remember the author and title and rummage arond to see where i can find
a copy[bookfinder?] My teacher in first semester japanese had it because
it had a copy of the first portugese-japanese primer in it and he said
that some of the mistranslations were hysterical.
margali

Documentation? Period for whom?

Ras