SC - Re: period pumpkin seed sources

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Mar 3 18:12:35 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/2/00 11:24:22 PM Eastern Standard Time, alm4 at cornell.edu
writes:

<< I'll let people know because I plan on ordering the seeds from Baker's and
 trying to grow them. >>

Great. We can compare notes. :-) Regarding the time  from seed to harvest.
This time is until the first gourds bearing 'hard' shells are ready. The time
until harvest would be considerably shorter for use as food. All gourds
should be used when young as they are inedible when they reach a mature hard
shelled size. Also the skins are tender and thin until they start to mature.
Basically, if you cannot puncture the skin easily with a fingernail the gourd
is too large to use for food purposes.

Ras