SC - Re: Alcohol in food (RANT)

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Sat Mar 4 07:31:35 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/4/2000 8:18:53 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
tsersen at nni.com writes:

<<
 Even without that drug, though, I think it is deceitful and unethical to
 hide ingredients, even if I feel that a person's reasoning for avoiding
 an ingredient is illogical or silly.  For instance, I would counter "I
 don't want my children to be exposed to alcohol in food" with, "Have you
 ever made a cake with vanilla extract and/or food coloring?"  But I
 wouldn't tell that person that he shouldn't raise his child as he sees
 fit, or decieve him because I think his argument is ridiculous. >>

For what it's worth,
I do not advocate hiding ingredients, nor do I condone deceitful practices in
any form.  You never know what kind of harm you can do, and one of the tenets
of MY religion is "An ye do no harm, do as thou wilt."

Oh, and the common name of the drug is Antibuse.  It is widely prescribed by
medical professionals.  I have seen it used in LOTS of instances, but I have
never seen it work to "cure" addiction to alcohol.  What I HAVE seen is
alcoholics, deathly ill from the drug, drinking anyway.  The physical part of
addiction to any substance is usually the easy part of recovery.  It's the
emotional aspect that is difficult.  For instance, I have been without
tobacco for eight to ten months at a time, long enough by far for the
nicotine to leave my system entirely, but the stress coping mechanism it
represents has always been my downfall.

Mordonna the Cook,
SunDragon's Western Reaches
Atenveldt