SC - Re: period norse

Holly A. Youngquist lady_francesca at juno.com
Sat Mar 4 22:42:04 PST 2000

Greetings unto all,
	I don't know if this has been discussed previously, but I was wondering,
are lingonberries and lefse period?  If yes, could someone direct me to a
source for the information (preferably an English translation as I don't
speak any of the Scandanavian languages) so that I can document it?  The
A&S theme for the Calontir Coronation is 'Norse in any medium' and I
thought, if those items ARE period, I might try to make them and enter
them in the A&S competition.

Thank you,
Francesca Barozzi
Shadowdale, Calontir (Home of the University of Iowa)

PS. The U of I Cookery collection is EXCELLENT and one doesn't have to be
in attendance at the University or be a student or academic to have
access.  I actually held in my hand a printed 1495 (or 1499) version of
Platina!!!  It was WAY cool.  I was off the list for awhile and only
recently saw some of your posts about the collection, or I would have
responded with as much information as I could.  If anyone would care to
email me privately for more information I would be glad to oblige.