SC - White Pizza

k&t Radford ktradford at cyberport.com
Sat Mar 4 22:50:23 PST 2000

I missed the original thread on this.  But for those of us living in the
US, I know that a different picture comes to mind when we think of pizza
than when some one from say Greece thinks of Pizza.

I have a friend who spent some time in the military & was stationed in
Greece.  He told me that although the food was good, it was not what he
expected or was accustomed to.    He said the pizza consisted of goat
cheese, various toppings, I think one of the meats was goat.  It was hard
for me to envision.

I can imagine that the things that we consider common in the western
hemisphere are rare in the Eastern hemisphere and vise versa.  Trying to
imagine what this recipe might have been like in the Middle ages brings
quite odd pictures to the mind.

Krysta

- ----------
> From: Alderton, Philippa <phlip at morganco.net>
> To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
> Subject: SC - White Pizza
> Date: Friday, March 03, 2000 10:09 AM
>
> I was the one who mentioned it. I don't have the reference handy, but I
got
> it from someone on this List. It was late Period, Italian (gee, wonder
why
> ;-) and consisted of a flat bread covered with cheese and a few other
> things- can't remember just what, since I don't particularly like pizza.
>

> Phlip
>
> Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.
>
> phlip at morganco.net
>
> Philippa Farrour
> Caer Frig
> Southeastern Ohio