SC - White Pizza

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat Mar 4 23:59:52 PST 2000

k&t Radford wrote:

> I missed the original thread on this.  But for those of us living in the
> US, I know that a different picture comes to mind when we think of pizza
> than when some one from say Greece thinks of Pizza.
> I have a friend who spent some time in the military & was stationed in
> Greece.  He told me that although the food was good, it was not what he
> expected or was accustomed to.    He said the pizza consisted of goat
> cheese, various toppings, I think one of the meats was goat.  It was hard
> for me to envision.
> I can imagine that the things that we consider common in the western
> hemisphere are rare in the Eastern hemisphere and vise versa.  Trying to
> imagine what this recipe might have been like in the Middle ages brings
> quite odd pictures to the mind.

Hmm... where are you? Here in Oregon, they put all sorts of things on
pizza. I've had goat cheese, artichoke hearts, capers, smoked chicken,
barbequed chicken as well as the 'usual' things (though I know 'some'
people who think pineapple on pizza is 'weird', which mystifies me
because I've eaten it that way since I can remember). To me pizza is a
flat bread topped with sauce, some meat and/or vegetables, and cheese.
Just about anything but the kitchen sink can go on pizza! (Of course, it
helps if it goes nice with rosemary!)

'Lainie