SC - A Recipe for Ras

Magdalena magdlena at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 5 11:19:09 PST 2000

I was looking for something else, and I happened across this
recipe....

Platina 4.38

38. On Chicken Roll

Divide crests of chickens in three pieces, livers in four,
and leave testicles whole.  Cut lard into bits, but do not
pound.  Cut up finely two or three ounces of veal fat, or,
instead of fat, add beef or calves marrow.  Use as much as
will be enough of ginger, cinnamon, and sugar.  Mix all
these with about forty dried sour cherries; then put in a
roll made suitable for it from finely ground meal.  It can
be cooked in an oven or under cover on the hearth.  When it
is half-cooked, put over it two beaten egg yolks and a bit
of saffron and verjuice.

I wonder where one gets rooster testicles?
- -Magdalena