SC - private cooks at events

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sun Mar 5 14:53:32 PST 2000

On Sun, 05 Mar 2000 17:28:37 EST allilyn at juno.com writes:
> >>Because of their Royal stature, they could probably get more space
> than an equal division would be. ie: more than 10/100s or 10/300s
> of the kitchen that the Royal Entourage represents in numbers.<<
>
> Oooohhh, Stefan!  What a can of worms you're opening!
>
> Unfortunately, the number of ovens and the number of burners on a
> stove don't magically increase in number when the cook announces to
them
> that the Royals will cook here, too!
<snippage of some very good points>

	All true, and the reason that someone arriving with a separate cooking
staff should also be providing their own cooking gear.  fra niccolo (who
is doing this for his Peer - and maybe others who are very nice and would
appreciate such a thing?  hint*hint) brings his own camp cooking set-up
to do separate cooking on.  The last time I saw them in action, they had
large, rolling grills they had brought to the site to do a lamb on, right
outside their cabin.  I would never assume that I would be able to get
use of the kitchen, outside of a polite request to use a burner to heat
some water or something quick in a small spot in the oven.  I think most
cooks would be more comfortable bringing what they thought they would
need to cook with, anyway.
	Christianna