SC - Feast Beverages

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sun Mar 5 19:47:07 PST 2000

At 6:45 PM -0600 3/5/00, colette waters wrote:
>Can jalab be served cold or is it a hot drink?  I have a feast the first
>weekend of June and would like to serve something besides tea.

I'm not sure what particular things are covered by "jalab." The
Andalusian cookbook has a whole chapter of drinks, some of which are
supposed to be served hot, some cold, some either way. But it isn't
clear to what extent they are ordinary drinks (as sekanjabin, one of
them, seems to be), and to what extent medicinals, since many of the
recipes are accompanied by medicinal comments.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/