SC - Chicory in coffee - OOT

Jessica Tiffin jessica at beattie.uct.ac.za
Mon Mar 6 15:43:51 PST 2000

'Lainie said:
> Hmm. I remember this stuff in the mid-late 70's, called 'Sunrise' that
> was billed as a sort-of coffee- lower caffeine than normal, though more
> than decaf, and supposedly 'mellowed' by the addition of chichory. My
> folks drank it for quite awhile. Anyone else remember it?

Likewise, hmmmm.  The lower-grade instant coffees in South Africa are
habitually a coffee/chicory mix, and not too darned much of the
coffee, sometimes.  Is this a particularly Southern African
abomination??

Jehanne (of Adamastor, not the other one!)

Lady Jehanne de Huguenin  *  Seneschal, Shire of Adamastor, Cape Town
(Jessica Tiffin, University of Cape Town)
Sable, three owls rising argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.
http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant/stidings.htm