SC - Starter Recipes

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 6 13:00:09 PST 2000

>From: Christine A Seelye-King <mermayde at juno.com>
>To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
>Subject: Re: SC - Starter Recipes
>Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 10:17:10 -0500
>
>  He actually rather reminds me of Adamantius, with his willingness to
>teach without being over-bearing or condescending about it.
> >
> > If you can get it, watch it or tape it.
> >
> > Phlip
>
>	I can't believe you can say that about Emeril, the biggest impression I
>have about him is that he's over-bearing and condescending.  I just can't
>stand his personality for very long, I have never willingly sat through
>an entire episode of one of his shows.  (It has been on in the other room
>while I'm typing away at the computer, so I've listened to them, and
>I.......

I have four words for the best basic cooking show that I've seen in years
since they took "How to boil water" off the air because of contractual
problems.  They are:

Elton Brown   and    Good Eats

He gives a practical overview of a lot of basics, including what kind of
equipment you need, and background on what you're working on, the
ingredients, how to pick them, etc.  It's also put together in a format that
holds the attention of the ADD generation and is quite entertaining at
times.

(yeah, I'm actually at my desk for more than, oh 10 minutes for once...)

Cadoc
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG

"There is a balance, between two worlds
one with a narrow land across.
In the darkness of the balance,
life has become....cumbersome.."