SC - Re: aqua vitae

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Tue Mar 7 02:42:28 PST 2000

Just a question for those who are objecting to the use of vodka:

Several vodka's available on today's market (not the least expensive) are and
always have been made from grain not potatoes.  Most notably the Ketel One
Brand which has always (since 1638 when they began production and for 3
generations of brewmasters prior according to their history) been made from
wheat.  If this was documented in the entry and noted that this was the brand
of vodka used, would you still have the same objections to the use of vodka
in cordials?

I would also note that 3 generations prior to 1638 would seem to put grain
vodka at least within late period but acknowledge that I could be mistaken in
this assumption.

Constance de LaRose