SC - Feast Beverages

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Wed Mar 8 12:46:54 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/7/00 10:30:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
baronsig at peganet.com writes:

<<
     Whoa! Be really careful about using refuse containers and trash bags for
 food storage. A lot of manufacturers put pesticides in the plastic, and it
 will leach out into the food. Food grade plastic is exactly that - using
 anything else is touch and go, and trash cans & bags doubly so.

     Sieggy >>
    Yep--and you wouldn't believe the fight I've had around here to get folks
to worry about that! "But it's only in there a little while, and there's
nothing else big enough!" (Said about salad--with a nice vinegar dressing to
leach all the nasties out of the plastic!) For liquids, you really can't beat
the huge drink coolers that you can get at Sam's Club and such--they *are*
pricey, but they last forever. And we usually find, now, that you can put
enough salad for 200--250 in a well-scrubbed giant ice chest. As has been
discussed before, ice chests work quite well to keep cooked dishes hot, as
well as cold, and can be a feast-saver when you don't have oven or stove
space enough to cook everything at once..................

            Ldy Diana