SC - Traps?

James F. Johnson seumas at mind.net
Wed Mar 8 21:22:10 PST 2000

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/8/00 12:11:25 AM Eastern Standard Time, troy at asan.com
> writes:
>
> << It may be nothing more than the hoop
>  we have been discussing previously, which would make it little more than
>  what modern bakers know as a "flan ring."
>
>  Adamantius >>
> Intriguing! Do you have any references, either primary or personal
> interpretations that might lead a budding historical cook to take that leap?

Interesting that this came up. I was about to ask what people knew about
the _shape_ of pies and pastries. I'm familiar with the style of
turnovers and pasties, but have been curious if other shapes or vessels
were used. Basically, I'm not going to assume the modern pie tin would
be a normal way to make a meat pie.

Seumas