SC - Fees in General

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 9 04:13:25 PST 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <campcook at uswestmail.net>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2000 2:38 AM
Subject: SC - Fees in General

> <much snippage>

> .  Remember, we
> are a not for profit organization.  In addition, we remember that
> there are those who are feeding large families and set a family
> rate if possible.

Yes, the SCA is a not for profit organization. BUT, that doesn't mean groups
cannot make a profit from events. These monies can be used to purchase
pavillions, cooking equipment, list poles, etc.  Making a profit doesn't
hurt a 'non' profit organization as long as all monies go back to the
organization and are not dispersed to the members.

just my 2 pence...

Meadhbh