SC - Re: aqua vitae

Lurking Girl tori at panix.com
Fri Mar 10 08:59:50 PST 2000

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 3/8/00 1:15:10 AM Eastern Standard Time, seumas at mind.net
> writes:
>
> << Given the extensive wine production of California, are there any
>  inexpensive domestic California marcs or grappas?
>
>  Seumas >>
>
> Not that I am aware of. Or at least not that are available to the largest
> wholesale purchaser of wine and spirits in the US (Pennsylvania Liquor
> Control Board).

Not necessarily indicative--one of the unhappy facts we discovered on our
honeymoon in Sonoma is that a lot of the wineries don't ship to the East.
I have no idea why not.

(Of course, the big ones like Mondavi or Stag's Leap usw. do--but
even then, rare is the liquor store that has a good selection of any of
them.)

Vika
proud owner of a Ravenswood "Nullum Vinum Flaccidum" t-shirt