SC - More Grist for the Mill

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at austin.rr.com
Mon Mar 13 05:13:46 PST 2000

Here in ansteorra there are no set rules concerning listing ingredients.  A
number of the cooks do it.  One reason, it decreases the number of people
coming to the kitchen asking if they can eat feast due a food allergy or
intolerance.  I usually have the list posted right outside the kitchen.  I
will have the feast menu posted at the gate.

Since a number of dishes are cooked ahead of time, its easy to just list the
ingredients as one makes the dishes. The list is typed and ready by the day
of the feast.  While this isn't fool proof, it is also important to avoid
cross contamination of different dishes in the kitchen (using the same spoon
to stir different dishes, etc).

Meadhbh