SC - Re: Wafer press

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Mon Mar 13 17:56:46 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/13/00 8:33:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

<< Anyone know of a source (mail order or otherwise), where one could order a
wafer
 press like that?  I've always wanted to make them, but lack the proper
tools....
 Maire

I have tended to borrow one from Italian friends of mine, but they are
available at many kitchen stores, they are a bit pricey at about $80 Cdn-
maybe $60 US. You can get ones that are heated on the stove or electric. So
far I've only used electric. Be careful, if you get one and they are teflon,
if the teflon starts to get rough, your wafers stick so use oil in your
recipe or baste the iron slightly after every 5-7 wafers.

I'm sorry I don't' have an American source but I would imagine the search
word "pizelle" will get you somewhere.
Best of luck
Hauviette