SC - kojel

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Mon Mar 13 20:30:40 PST 2000

Oh, I can imagine just how upset everyone got!!  Years ago I taught at a
religious Jewish day school.  They served a kosher school lunch every day.
One day they had macaroni & cheese and kojel for dessert. (kosher jello).
Anyway, I remember one of the religious teachers taking the huge
institutional sized tray of jello and running down the hall with it to the
rabbi to ask if it was OK to serve kojel (considered techniquely meat) with
the dairy lunch.
I found that equeally humorous!!  I was raised in a completely kosher home,
but we always tried to take things in stride!!
Phillipa Seton
<< Glad it tickled you, it certainly did NOT tickle our F&B manager, or the
 clients.  (Just glad it wasn't MY mistake!)
 Christianna