SC - Garden Advice

Lorix lorix at trump.net.au
Mon Mar 13 13:35:33 PST 2000

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> You can now separate your perennial herb clumps and your perennial vegetables
> (e.g., sorrel, sea kale, chives and rhubarb)

M'lord, I do not have any period recipes (yet) in respect of sea kale or rhubarb.

<looking pitiful with hand outstretched in begging position>

I don't suppose you could see your way to rectifying this dreadful omission in my
recipe collection, please, please ;-)?

By the way, what _is_ sea kale (besides some type of herb;-), Ie what does it
look like, does it have any other names, what type of flavouring does it have, &
what types of dishes would you use it in?

> and whenever the ground allows
> you to do so prune grapes (if you didn't do it a month and half ago).
>
> If you haven't started your celery yet then do so. Celery takes 10 weeks from
> seed to being large enough to set in the garden for fall maturity.

Mmmm, is celeriac period?  My 'little' bush has gone berserk.  I use its leaves
to add to salads & soups etc as it seems to impart a concentrated celery taste,
looks nice in leaf green salads & dissolves into almost nothing in soups!
 <snip>

Thanks, Lorix