SC - kojel

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Mar 14 13:44:29 PST 2000

Concerning kosher jello, wasn't it a discussion here not too long ago
where we talked about jello?  I seem to recall the idea being that once
the protien had gone through every process necessary to make it gelatin,
it was significantly changed from it's original form, and therefore
kosher and not meat?  The distinction was that for vegetarians, it still
didn't matter, because it once WAS meat, but for the purposes of
rabbinical blessing, the origin didn't matter so much as the result.
	I'm pretty sure it was here, unless my mind is really gone, and what
I've been using for one is that broccoflower that went missing...

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 23:30:40 EST Seton1355 at aol.com writes:
> Oh, I can imagine just how upset everyone got!!  Years ago I taught
> at a religious Jewish day school.  They served a kosher school lunch
> every day.  One day they had macaroni & cheese and kojel for dessert.
(kosher jello).