SC - It's not just for breakfast......

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Tue Mar 14 19:10:54 PST 2000

Morgan skrev:

>You mean -- I'm only supposed to eat french toast at BREAKFAST!???!

<oh>

No, I was just responding to whomever had suggested using the yolks for
breakfast, in that instance.

>But many of the recipes I have seen are not so specific, and with a tasty
>wine sauce it's lovely for a supper.  I suppose you also don't eat omelets
>after 10:00am?

I'll eat my omelets at any time of day or night- so will lots of other
folks. I just limit myself to about two eggs at a time. Now, I have no
problem with cooking up 20 or 30 at a time, to order- I can turn one out
every 30 seconds or so, if I have an assistant. I'm just not up to turning
out a hundred or so- if I tried, I'd be unable to use my right arm for 6
months- my method is quick, but very labor intensive, and I really have
other uses for my arm in any given half year ;-)

>(Not being snarky, just grew up with a varied diet, which got worse once I
>was cooking on my own and could eat what I wish when I wish it.

So do I. The only reason I don't weigh 500 lbs is because I get busy and
forget to eat for a couple of days at a time.

> Mustard eggs are a GREAT breakfast!)

Recipe, please?

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous