SC - Lady Seaton's Project

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Mar 14 18:46:57 PST 2000

At 5:37 PM -0500 3/14/00, Diana wrote:
>Actually...explain to his Grace that finding a way to live is easier than
>eating and enjoying "truely period" food - then dying (or worse).

Except that I wasn't arguing for eating things you were allergic to,
so that point is irrelevant, no? I was arguing for finding period
recipes that didn't contain the things you were allergic to, instead
of finding period recipes that did contain the things you were
allergic to and then replacing them with other things.

>  I am reminded of a certain "her Grace" from the East
>Kingdom  with a fish allergy - she who cannot even be around when a can of
>tuna is opened, or she stops breathing.  Not good!

If that is literally true, don't you think it follows that she has an
obligation not to attend feasts? After all, it isn't very reasonable
to restrict not only what you eat but what everyone else at the event
eats as well, just so you can be there.

And yes, I know who you are talking about.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/