creme boylede (was: SC - Feast Fees in Ansteorra)

RuddR at aol.com RuddR at aol.com
Wed Mar 15 06:51:37 PST 2000

David Friedman quotes and writes:

> And
>  >might serving a thick dish molded be "manner of mortrewes"?  I admit this
> is
>  >conjecture upon conjecture, but it can easily be done without deviating
> from
>  >the source recipes one jot.  (Besides, serving an elegant, garnished mold
>  >the table looks nice.)
>
>  A very interesting conjecture. Certainly "in manner of mortrewes"
>  ought to mean something. Now if somebody can just find the feast
>  scene showing it ...  .

There may well be an illumination of a feast that shows mortrewes being
served, except there usually aren't captions detailling what the dishes on
the table are.  Frequently we see dishes full of "something" being presented
with great ceremony, and diners, holding chunks of "something else", digging
right in.  It's often anybody's guess what these items are.  But I'll keep
looking.

Rudd Rayfield