SC - Byzantine Bread Stamps

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 18:32:02 PST 2000

- --- CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:
> The Baptists down here use wonder bread or it's
> equivalent, but then, they
> use grape juice for the wine too. :-P
>
> I actually was told that the wine in Biblical times
> was more grape juice than
> fermented by my Baptist brethren. I have since
> broken with the Southern
> Baptist Convention <G>.
>
> Corwyn

LOL! I have heard that too from Baptist cousins.  I
had to point it out to them that during Biblical times
there was no refrigeration to keep grape juice as
grape juice. Since Israel has a warm climate, grape
juice would quickly turn to wine, and then to vinegar.
 And also that when you read the Bible in its original
languages, nowhere does it say "grape juice", but
always uses the word for wine.

Huette