SC - Food at A&S Competitions

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Mar 16 09:43:27 PST 2000

Robin Carroll-Mann wrote:

> Since the subject has come up, can someone explain to me how food
> is handled in an A&S competition?  Does one present a dish?  A group
> of dishes on the same theme?  A meal?  What kind of quantity is
> required?  Enough for the judges?  For spectators to sample?  How
> much does presentation count?  What kind of documentation is
> required?

Something I've been wondering- what sort of food safety provisions are
usually made? Generally, when I see food lined up for a competition (or
a potluck, for that matter, but for now let's Not Go There) there is no
consideration for keeping hot things hot/cold things cold, and for
safely doling out portions. I know food poisoning is period, but...

'Lainie