SC - Greetings!

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Mar 17 13:50:20 PST 2000

- --------------CEF9027634DF3510A5AD2173

I've just joined this list and understand that I can participate in
discussions of various subjects of interest to SCA-type cooks, of which
I am one.

My SCA name is Minowara Kiritsubo, of the Barony of Dun Carraig in
Atlantia.  I have been in the SCA for over 20 years, and have been
cooking for most of that time.  I have cooked numerous feasts of various
sizes and types, from Coronations for 250 to oriental-type feasts for 80
or so.  I think that the best place to be at an event is in the
kitchen.  Unfortunately I don't get to do it much these days as my Lord
Phillip and I are Baron and Baroness of our fair Barony.  (He's an
outstanding cook and brewer as well!)  My next "gig" is for the
Investiture and "Night on the Town" event at our neighboring barony of
Lochmere.  As the event is Elizabethan in nature, the feast will be as
well.  I look forward to it as I can do all sorts of things that are out
of period for earlier feasts...like sweet potatoes!

Over the past few years I have been doing extensive research for each of
my feasts, and have learned to (mostly) understand Middle English!  It
has been a very rewarding experience.  I have also written several
articles for various publications, including our Kingdom A&S newsletter,
The Oak, and our local A&S newsletter, Clyffe Hangers.  I have a
Compleat Anachronist in the works, and hope someday to have it finished.

I guess the question I have that I'd like to ask is if anyone knows
anything about an Italian liquor called Limoncello.  I found the recipe
in a recent Saveur magazine.  The only information there (beyond the
recipe) was that it is a traditiional liquor from Amalfi.  The
ingredients are all pretty much period, so I suspect it may be a period
drink.  It is really good, and it would be great if I could find
documentation for it.  Any suggestions?

I look forward to participating in this list and hope that I may be able
to contribute!

Kiri (mka Elaine Koogler)

[...]

I have a <i>Compleat Anachronist</i> in the works, and hope someday to
have it finished.
anything about an Italian liquor called Limoncello.  I found the recipe
in a recent <i>Saveur</i> magazine.  The only information there (beyond
the recipe) was that it is a traditiional liquor from Amalfi.  The
ingredients are all pretty much period, so I suspect it may be a period
drink.  It is really good, and it would be great if I could find documentation
for it.  Any suggestions?
able to contribute!

- --------------CEF9027634DF3510A5AD2173--