SC - Recipe search (help!)

RichSCA at aol.com RichSCA at aol.com
Sat Mar 18 06:55:27 PST 2000

Now I only have a hand full of cookbooks with me in the RV and NONE of them
are period, but I did find the following paragraph in "The Cooking of
Provincial France":

"Of course, fruits are basic to French provincial cooking, fresh or dried or
preserved.  They are basic as well to any good meal when they are in season
and at their most delectable in their simplist state, fresh from their own
trees and vines and bushes.  They are made into wonderful tarts and puddings,
from Alsace to Perigord, and in the apple regions like Normandy they are
cooked with everything, fish, meat, puddings.... apples cooked with meat or
in sauces are common to Normandy and Brittany."

Just more information.
Rayne

In a message dated 3/18/00 3:38:18 AM Central Standard Time, MPengwyn at aol.com

<< In a message dated 03/17/2000 6:47:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
troy at asan.com
 writes:

 > Any chance you mean Lombardy Tarts?

 No, unfortunately. I have several redactions of recipes for those. Normandy
 Tarts are a dessert item. They are tiny tartlets made of apples and cream in
 a pastry crust. Wonderful things...   We used to have them often at feasts
in
 Atlantia in the 80's. They were served at my wedding, but all the recipes I
 had saved from then are missing somewhere in various moves.

 Meghan >>